Thursday 30 June 2011

NIGHT HERON AT STODMARSH.

With a juvenile Night Heron arriving at Stodmarsh yesterday a successful trip to see the bird was undertaken this afternoon. With Marc's photograph of the bird last evening rivalling one seen of last years Wilson's Phalarope I realised that a scope was the order of the day.  From the Tower Hide the bird skulked for most of the afternoon and was never seen well.  However, it was a new bird for the valley for myself with the last being seen I think in 1984.  With Warblergate now being fully exposed I can also tell you that earlier in the month I also added a Marsh Warbler to my valley list with a male singing and showing occasionally by the Marsh Hide and doing a repertoire of greatest hits which included Bee-eater, Linnet, Goldfinch, Blackbird and Great Spotted Woodpecker. 

1 comment:

  1. like it thats a good one,never again phil it be out on the pager like a flash lol lol

    ReplyDelete