Saturday 23 June 2012

REELIN' IN THE EARS.






Have you seen what I have done here?  What a clever play on words I reckon I could get a job writing headlines for the" Sun".  Arriving at Reculver today just before 9.30 expectations were extremely low even after having phoned Heathy who had moved onto Grove, but informed me there was a year tick for me in the form of a Grasshopper Warbler which was reeling by Cold Harbour.  The stroll down there was extremely uneventful with a single Common Tern and three Sandwich Terns being the highlight ... honestly.  The Gropper was eventually located along with Whitethroat, Lesser Whitethroat and Blackcap.  The Oyster Farm did not hold very much and it was obviously too windy for the Short-eared Owls to put in an appearance.  At this rate I think I will have to take more interest in butterflies, moths and plants.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you finally caught up with the Gropper Phil, not the best year it would seem for this species. I will buy you a flower book for Christmas, think you would like this. You could go with Chidders, I think he likes flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been in touch with the Sun Phil, they asked if you could start Monday morning, but did'nt say doing what.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr Fagen would like his song title back, Steely are running short of a few tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Sedge Warbler pics Phil, better than I have achieved so far.
    All the best Gordon.

    ReplyDelete