Saturday 11 May 2013

CATTLE EGRET AT GROVE


With showers forecast today and generally cloudy weather it still didn't stop me from a few hours birding at Grove.As you will see birding has been very limited recently with Saturdays taken up with work.With a Cattle Egret and a Spoonbill I thought a trip to the Great Rift Valley was in order.Walking onto the reserve it was good to see my first Swifts of the year.Told you I hadn't been out much.On reaching the Marsh Hide Martyn and Mark were already viewing a very distant Cattle Egret.I would have taken pictures as good as the above given that this bird was about half a mile closer!Not a great deal else was on offer.On leaving the hide 6 Hobbies were in the air with numerous hirundines.A stroll to Harrison's offered very little and the main lake was almost birdless.However, a return tomorrow is on the cards if the Spoonbill returns.

1 comment: